Obviously, quality depends on the source material, so while Spotify, Tune-In et al sound better than without the DAC, if you stream Tidal or Amazon's hi-res streams or, even better, hi-res files. You can play Spotify on Chromecast using a phone, tablet, desktop, laptop, or Spotify's web player, and the device you cast from becomes your remote. To connect Spotify to Chromecast, you'll just.
This brief guide will show you how to stream from the Windows and Mac versions of Spotify to your Chromecast – and offers some troubleshooting tips if you’re having difficulty getting it working.
- First, make sure your Chromecast and the computer running Spotify are on the same network. In Spotify, click the Devices Available button in the bottom-right corner of the window, right next to the Volume button.
- Select your Chromecast from the list of devices. That’s it! If your Chromecast device isn’t listed, continue with step #3 below.
- Even with your Chromecast on, and working with other Apps, for some reason it isn’t always picked up by the Windows and macOS versions of Spotify.
- The most surefire way to get Spotify to ‘find’ your Chromecast is to grab your smartphone or tablet and briefly use it to connect to Chromecast. Open Spotify on your phone/tablet then locate and click the Devices Available link.
- Select Chromecast from the list.
- Now back on your computer, Spotify should find and recognize your Chromecast. You can resume control of Spotify here (and close Spotify on your phone/tablet).
- If you have any tips to make Spotify find a nearby Chromecast without having to use a phone or tablet by all means leave a comment below!
Sep 24, 2020 Part 3 Sync Spotify music to your Apple Watch Add the converted Spotify songs to your Apple Watch by syncing them. After you sync, you can play the Spotify music on your Apple Watch without your iPhone. Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure that the device is charging. On your iPhone, go to Settings Bluetooth. You can now find Chromecast in the connect 'devices available' menu in the Spotify desktop app and browser web player. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app. Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date. Spotify on Chromecast using Plex. The Plex is a Media Server, which can upload and manage media files. It can run on a Windows, macOS, and Linux computer, and mobile devices. We can use it as a bridge between Spotify and Chromecast. After you added Spotify music to Plex, please click the 'Cast' button in Plex to cast Spotify to Chromecast.