http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~harunaga/mozilla-macos9/ will close soon. Please update your bookmark or link.
The device you have runs on Chrome OS, which already has Chrome browser built-in. No need to manually install or update it — with automatic updates, you’ll always get the latest version. MacOS Big Sur elevates the most advanced desktop operating system in the world to a new level of power and beauty. Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design. Enjoy the biggest Safari update ever. Discover new features for Maps and Messages. And get even more transparency around your privacy. The best browser for Mac in 2021 By Alex Blake March 18, 2021 Apple’s MacOS already ships with a web browser — Safari — and maybe that’s the only one you will ever want to use.
- No warranty, of course :-)
- Don't send bug reports to mozilla.org about these builds.
- I am not a programmer. So I can not fix any bug unless you teach me how to fix it.
How to build
I can't build MacOS classic (non-carbon) version according to Building Mac Mozilla (CFM) with CodeWarrior 7.2J on Mac OS 9.2.2. The building fails at _Interface.mcp, and stalls at _NSStdLib.mcp.
It seems that 'ContextualMenu' stub library in Universal Interfaces 3.4.1 is strange...
So I replaced 'ContextualMenu' StubLibrary version 3.4.1 with version 3.3.2. I don't know whether this is an appropriate workaround...
Build option that I added to the default is
options psm 1.
1.2.1 and 1.3a (carbon) official builds also have this problem on OS 9. Try example page, if interested. I can't find this issue in Bugzilla, but it seems that this is because Mac OS 9 and CFM build cannot deal with long file names. Probably related to Bug 142043.
You may sometimes see
foo.html cannot be found errors, when you open the file saved by 'Web Page, complete'.
If this happens, open Mozilla program folder, find strange files/folders made recently, move them to your download folder.
- Each binary is not 'Installer'. Unpack the archive and run 'Mozilla'.
- 'TalkBack' is not contained.
- Build IDs are '0000000000' since these are not official builds.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.3.1) Gecko/20030621 Unofficial/1.3.1.
How to build 1.3.1
- I added
options cview 0.
- Others are same as 1.3, except checking out with Revision MOZILLA_1_3_1_RELEASE.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030615 Unofficial/1.3.
Updated a bit
- Changed to the new splash screen that Paul Matzke had sent me. See Bug 194291.
- Removed the 3 .xSYM files to save a little of size.
How to build 1.3
- I checked out the following modules with Revision MOZILLA_1_3_RELEASE manually, after checking out as usual. Otherwise the building stalls at libimg2 because of missing nsPPMDecoder.cpp.
- Backed out the patch of Bug 194149 which seems to be only for Mach-O build. Otherwise the build fails at nsCommandLineServiceMac.cpp, and 'Mozilla' executable application is not made.
- Backed out the patch of Bug 193295 also. Otherwise first new window starts above (higher) partially hidden by the menubar .
User-Agent is 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030601 Unofficial/1.3b'.
User-Agent is 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20030529 Unofficial/1.3a'.
WaMCom 2003-07-23 release for Mac OS 9 is now available. WaMCom is a distribution of Mozilla 1.3.1 with hundreds of additional bug fixes. I recommend this instead of my builds.
wazilla-macos9-1.3f-7.sea.bin (15.8 MB) is available. Wazilla is an another Mozilla distribution applied several patches by Japanese developers.
1.3fmeans Wazilla 1.3 version
f(based on Mozilla 1.3).
To-do or/and ...
Building WaMCom for Mac OS classic.
Images For Mozilla Mac Os
harunaga at depublic dot com
Copyright © 2003 HARUNAGA Hirotoshi